Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin!

Mom, every day the calendar never ceases to amaze me! You are wonderful. Before I fill you in on my week, I just thought I'd say THANK YOU for all of the letters this week! Brother and Sister Ford, Pleasant 2nd Bishopric, Amy Dean and boys, the Hills, and many more! You are all so appreciated!

Omaha finally got hit by a little snow, but where I live (in WEST Omaha) we hardly have any on the ground at all! We are supposed to get a really big snow storm tomorrow, which is good because in every letter from President Weston he says he wants a white Christmas haha. We are having a Christmas Zone Conference tomorrow, which I am really excited for, mainly because I get really excited for every time I get to hear President and Sister Weston give trainings! They are so wonderful!

Christmas is going to be AMAZING. We will have dinner on Christmas Eve with all the sisters and the senior couples and then all of the sisters spend the night at the house that Sister Whittaker lives at. 26 sisters, one house. Craziness, but it will be fun! We will have our breakfast at a senior couple's house and then can visit people during the day and then skype you! It will be great!

This week has been wonderful! I have seen so many tender mercies of the Lord- I guess that is what Christmas time does for us. When the world starts to focus on our Savior, there is an added measure of peace and charity. What a blessing that is!

Thank you SO much for the books and cds. We are giving Mike one book for Christmas and one book for his baptism, and Gena the other book! We found this INCREDIBLE couple- Matt and Elyssa- and we have another appointment with them tomorrow night! They are so prepared, and I am so excited to spend more time with them. They are young- I think Elyssa is 2 years older than me, and they are engaged! We walked out of their house yesterday, half wanting to scream because we were so excited and half speechless. It's so crazy how being a missionary means you love people the second you meet them.

I love the Lakeview ward SO MUCH. They are so wonderful to us- I know that I have made lifelong friends here, and it makes me think of having the missionaries in our home when we were little. In fact, our Bishop is really young, and their kids are about the same age we were when Dad got called to be Bishop the first time. Really fun to remember! Thursday night is the Relief Society dinner and we are singing this awesome song by Hilary Weeks for it- it is Silent Night (which Sis Coats will sing) with this really pretty song. I think it's called the first night or something. No idea to be completely honest!

I can't believe my best friend gets married in 3 days! I love you Mat!

We had a visit from some VIP this week- Brother and Sister Cleverly, soon to be Elder and Sister Cleverly. He will be the new director of the TC starting next month, so he will be here for a majority of my mission! He came and took a tour, learned his "duties" and came and saw us sing at the mall and in Gingerbread! maybe next week I will remember to take pictures of gingerbread to send you. I keep forgetting!

I love you all so much! Can't wait for Tuesday! It will come much sooner than you think. For now, let's all just get on mormon.org/Christmas and watch the Christmas video so we can think about how excited we are to celebrate our Savior's birth!

I love being a missionary. I love the opportunity it give me to testify of my Heavenly Father and my Savior daily. I love the perspective it gives me on what's really important. I love working hard in the service of God!

Thank you for everyone who reads these letters- I am so grateful to have all of you in my life! I love you!

I'm having a good time :)

Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment