Monday, November 11, 2013

LOVE!


Hello! Have I told any of you lately how much I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY....oh wait, I'm pretty sure I say that every week. I seriously can't get over it though. I love being a missionary so much. I feel so blessed to be able to serve my Savior as one of His representatives.
The theme of my email this week really is love. There are so many people that we are working with that I just LOVE with all of my heart. Church on Sunday was incredible. We had 7 less actives at church. SEVEN. It was incredible. And did I tell you that Sister Pettyjohn (my companion who went home to have shoulder surgery) came back last week!?! Don't even get me started on the things that Chris did this week. Or how great Jacob is. Haha, ok I'll just tell you everything.
Cute Sister PJ is so great. Her "thing" is that if she likes you/you do something good, you are a "woof" (like a dog) or if you do something bad you are a "foo." If you are REALLY cool you are a best woof. Well, my friends, I am a best woof. Made my life.
Chris is so stinkin funny. He saw some other sister missionaries teaching a lesson at his apartment complex, and they saw him for like 2 seconds before he SPRINTED off in the other direction. I think they were really confused because they know him, so they were trying to figure out why he was running away. He comes back 5 minutes later with his scriptures, his baptism and Aaronic priesthood certificate, and a copy of the Book of Mormon to give her and shares some of his favorite scriptures. Oh man, proud mom moment for sure. Seriously he is so cute. I asked him if he is happier since he was baptized and he got teary and he said "so happy." and then he said, no that's not right, "I'm GREAT happy." If you all understood sign language that would make more sense, but it was the cutest thing I've ever heard.
Jacob brought his new snake to our lesson last night. It was so cool!!!! He is still progressing so well, and planning on serving a mission. I am so impressed with him and how humble he is and the wonderful questions that he asks.
Ok....random highlight of the week is that we had a volleyball night with some less actives, members, and investigators, and I GOT TO SET UP A VOLLEYBALL NET AND PLAY VOLLEYBALL. Who ever thought that I would be so excited about that? Haha. It was actually a great success and a lot of the people we had at that night came to church for the first time since I've been in the ward. Love it.
I have been thinking about the priesthood and how grateful I am to have it in my life. I want nothing more than to always seek out the blessings of the priesthood in my life and for my family, and to believe in the miracles and the blessings that come along with it. I am grateful to have been able to witness so many miracles on my mission through the power of the priesthood! This week, I am going to study from the priesthood session of this past conference. Will you study with me??

I love you all to the moon and back :)

Love, Sister Farnsworth
                                               Allison with Sister Harris...and beautiful fall leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment