Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!


I would really prefer to just send pictures of this week and call that my email, but I figure that would get me in trouble, right? So I'll do an overview. Like last year, Christmas on the mission was SO good. It was really different from last year but really great! We visited members and had a big breakfast with all of the sisters, and then we ended our night by caroling around the Trail Center with some sisters and elders that serve nearby. It was a perfect way to end the night. Tonight for New Years Eve we will be deep cleaning the TC and getting rid of all of the gingerbread houses! Hallelujah. I LOVE gingerbread, don't get me wrong. But after a month + of it, I am SO ready for it to be out of the TC.
This week was a little slow for me..caught a little flu bug that kept me in the apartment on Sunday and Monday, but luckily for us, being in a trio worked to our advantage again and my companions left me at the TC while they went out into the area. They saw a lot of miracles and set our two new investigators for baptism! Being a missionary is the greatest.
So, do you remember me telling you about Tom? He is the one that the assistants were teaching and I took him on tour last Christmastime? And then 3 other times throughout the year with different sets of elders each time? And then I got transferred into his WARD? Heavenly Father is so good. So he is planning on getting BAPTIZED on Saturday. Sorry for the allcaps every other word, but I am so hoping this happens. He is so nervous, but during Sunday School this week he leaned over and said, "I just need to replace my fear with my faith." BAH. Best moment for a missionary ever. I love that. We are praying that he will keep remembering his faith, not his doubts.
We are also praying that Hailey and Lindsey get to be baptized this week. Their little brother Brandon is 8 and we have been teaching him the lessons so he is prepared to be baptized since his dad just gave him permission to be baptized. His sisters have a different dad and he hasn't given them permission, but we are really praying that a miracle will happen and his heart will be softened enough to allow them to be baptized like they want! We love them so much!
This week will be another really good one. Can't believe it will be 2014 tomorrow! This morning in my personal study I was working on brainstorming out personal goals for the year. In my talk last week in church I talked about how in Luke 2:52 it says that Christ grew in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and with his fellow men. Those 4 ways show us what categories we need to set goals in: mental, physical, spiritual, and social. That's what I plan on doing in the next few days, and look forward to what the Lord has in store for me this year!!!!!!!

I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Sister Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment