Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!


Christmas Eve is my FAVORITE day of the year. I think it's because of all of the traditions in our family on Christmas Eve. And anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE tradition. And parties. 
This week has been so great- we had Christmas Zone Conference! It is a lot different than other Zone Conferences. There are still great trainings and the Spirit is SO strong, but there are a lot of musical numbers, and we have a little "talent show" with skits and such and a white elephant gift exchange. President and Sister Weston also gave each missionary a little book that was a compilation of conversion stories that we had all written before last ZC. Some were personal conversion stories, some were of people we had taught, some were of people that we had just met and learned from on our missions. It was such a neat Christmas gift. I love the Westons SO MUCH!!
We also got a new car to share with the other sisters in our ward, which is nice because it means we don't have to car fast (go without a car....for at least two meals?? ahhah missionary joke. I'm really lame don't worry about it if you didn't get that). It smells like new car. AKA the best smell ever. 

Saturday morning was our ward's Christmas breakfast and SO many of the less active members we have been working with came! It was so good to have them in the church building where they could feel the Spirit and feel of the love of the ward. We also had some investigators and potential investigators there which was awesome. The ward, as usual, was incredible and reached out big time to help everyone feel welcomed and loved. Afterwards we went over to Brother Vaterlaus' house (Ward mission leader) and wrapped boxes to put food from the Bishop's storehouse in to deliver for Christmas. I dont' know if any of you have ever wrapped just the outside of a box that doesn't have a top, but let me tell you, that was a challenge. Mahlstede and I had to use some serious geometry to figure it all out. Sister Jensen hates wrapping. Moreso she just struggles wrapping and ends up cutting random scraps of paper and taping it on. Hhahaa. It's the best, she is so funny!! After that we organized all of the food into each box and got to deliver some! It was the BEST way to start the week of Christmas. It got me thinking though...I don't know how moms wrap everything for Christmas. So much to wrap! So we offered to help our Relief Society President wrap all of her gifts for Christmas. She let us, which was awesome for us because it was fun to feel like Santa's elves, and it was awesome for her because it saved her a ton of time to have 4 people do it instead of just her! So grateful to actually do helpful service!
Sunday was really wonderful. I had to speak, but I think it went ok. I also got asked to accompany someone in Sacrament meeting that I had never met before and when the meeting started I still didn't see her anywhere. Luckily she walked in right before the talks started, and everything went really smoothly. At least it was good to distract me from worrying about my talk that I hadn't really written and I had 20 minutes to fill with.....hahaha. That night we went caroling around the TC's neighborhood to invite people to come see Gingerbread. It was a blast.

I could go on for another HOUR about this week, but I'm sure you all have a TON to do because it is the day before Christmas! Love you all so much.
I just want to bear my testimony of my Savior. I know that He was born, that He lived, and that He died because He truly understood our Father's plan and He loved us enough to help us return. I love Him, and I am so grateful to do His work.

I love you all, and hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas!

Love, Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment