Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Monday!

Well, somehow, it is transfer week again. This is a short transfer, so it is a bit unusual, but still. TRANSFERS? It will be really hard to say goodbye to 5 awesome sisters, but we will be really excited to meet the 8 new sisters that get here on Wednesday! We find out on Thursday if we will be moving or staying, but we should both be staying here...we will see! The exciting thing that we KNOW is happening is that Lakeview is getting another set of missionaries, elders, that will be moving in with Brother Hall. We are really excited for him because this will be a wonderful opportunity for him to have missionaries living with him, especially after being such a recent convert! He is so willing to serve and do whatever he can to help other people. I love him! I will miss seeing him so often though.
Matt and Elyssa are getting married on Saturday! They are progressing so well and are so excited to get baptized in a few weeks! I can't wait for the day that they are able to be baptized and confirmed. The are really loving the Book of Mormon. The other day, after finishing 1st Nephi, Elyssa said she was really glad because that means hopefully soon she will be done having to read about Laman and Lemuel trying to kill Nephi. She gets really angry at them for that. Matt told her to wait until she gets to Alma, where he is. His favorite chapter so far in the Book of Mormon is Alma 36. They have had so much opposition from Satan trying to get them to not be baptized. It is amazing to see that Satan really does know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that it can make us happy. That is the last thing that he wants, and so he works as hard as he possibly can so that he can try and distract us from clinging to the gospel.
That is amazing that you were able to go to the temple with the Zitars on Saturday! We spoke in church yesterday, and I knew that I wanted to use part of the letter that I asked her to send me in October in my talk, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I finally went through EVERY letter, knowing that I wanted to use a specific story Papa had sent me in either November or December, and finally found it stuffed in one of Papa's letters in November! I had been wondering if they had been to the temple yet, so it was really cool to open my email today and hear that you had just done that this weekend. I'm sure it was an incredible experience! We got to go to a fireside last night for all the temple workers last night because the temple President asked for a few sisters to sing at it, and one of the counselors of the temple presidency was talking to me about cleaning the temple next week. I am SO excited to be able to have that opportunity. That is my absolute favorite place to be in the world. If you haven't been to the temple in awhile, get there. If you go every once in a while, go more frequently. If you go pretty frequently, try to go with an inspired question every time. If you go with an inspired question every time, try to serve someone every time you are there. We can always be doing more to improve our temple attendance- the Lord has trusted us with His holy houses, and He wants us to be doing as much as we possibly can with them.
We recently received a traveling exhibit at the Trail Center of paintings called Witnesses of Christ. I'm not sure if Mesa has already had them, but if they haven't, go see them when it gets there!! It is a collection of paintings by Liz Lemon Swindle that covers the span of the Savior's life starting with Mary and Elisabeth and including various parts of his life, death, and resurrection. They are absolutely stunning, and the Spirit is so strong! Some elders brought their investigator to the TC this week and we brought him down there, and it was incredible. He had been studying in the seminary to be a Catholic priest before he got engaged, so he obviously had a very strong relationship with Jesus Christ. After looking at the paintings, we watched the 20 minute Restoration video, I taught him about the Book of Mormon, and invited him to be baptized. He is so humble, and I really hope that I will be able to go to his baptism next month!
I love you! The church is true!
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment