Monday, March 25, 2013

We Survived!

Well, somehow I survived another transfer week in Lakeview! All of the other sisters kind of laughed when they found out that I stayed in Lakeview and that Sister Whittaker stayed in Rockbrook because its kind of unheard of for anyone to stay in the same area this long right now. Sister Brown has opened 3 different areas the past 3 transfers. But, we stayed, which was a huge blessing. I love Lakeview and I am so grateful to be here still with Sister Owen- all in preparation for next transfer when we have SEVENTEEN SISTERS coming to the mission. A good chunk of us will probably not be serving at the Trail Center, which I am both excited for and sad about. 3 new areas opened to sisters which is SUPER exciting, but just hints at what is going to start to happen the next few transfers. I am so excited!!!!!! I love seeing how quickly the work is going forward. Speaking of which, Lakeview got Elders!! We are so excited to have them in the ward! It will be a learning experience at first to get used to having two sets of missionaries, but we are so excited to have the work go forward twice as fast. We were having a lesson with Elyssa on Friday night and they actually knocked on the door while we were there haha. It was so funny!
Matt and Elyssa are officially married! It was a day that I will never, ever forget, and I am so grateful to all of the ward members, especially the Staheli family and Bishop Thompson for helping get it all ready. Sister Coats (Alex, I guess I can call her now) drove out from Utah for the wedding and helped set up as well! Everything was absolutely perfect, and Elyssa looked every bit a bride even though she wasn't in a floor length gown. I will never forget the way they looked at each other- something about them making this step together so they could get baptized- so they could have eternity that much sooner- was so sweet and perfect. I never thought I would put together a wedding on my mission, but I was so grateful to have this experience, especially because on the VERY SAME DAY, my own best friend in the world, my little sister was getting engaged. I will never forget March 23rd!

Kate and Sid- I am so happy for you guys! I'm so proud of you and love you both so much, and as much as I wish I could be there, know that I am SO HAPPY that you will be getting married in the temple and that's what matters!
I am so excited for the upcoming weeks- Easter next week when we can really focus on the Plan of Salvation- Christ created this earth so we could come here to live, but knew full well the whole time that would mean He would need to come here to live and Atone and die for us, and then General Conference when we can listen to the words of the prophets and apostles of the Lord help direct us and guide us. We are so blessed!
The Winter Quarters temple closed today for a couple weeks, and tomorrow, some of the sister missionaries, including Sister Owen and me, get to go clean the crystal in the chandeliers! I am so excited! They only let the sisters- no one else- clean the crystal, so it is really exciting to get to go do that. It will be Sister Owen's first time going in the WQ temple so I am really excited to show her all of the beautiful details!
I love you all! I am so happy for you, Kate and Sid!
Love, Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment