Monday, April 8, 2013

BEST WEEK EVER!!!

Well. This has had to have been approximately the best week of my life. I just looked at the sentence that I typed and re-wrote it because it was a gramatical disaster. I guess you can take the girl out of the english class but not the english class out of the girl? Ok we will start with the lest important of exciting things. Sister Owen and I got a new car! I think it's exciting.....it smells like a new car and everything. It's a subaru legacy. Not my first choice of cars, but I love it!
Ok, now on to important things! How great was conference!? I was so grateful that we were able to watch a majority of conference. There are some talks that we will have to go back to watch later when we have time on chat, or just read in the conference edition of the Ensign, but I was so grateful to hear the testimonies of the apostles and prophets of God. It strengthened my testimony that we do, in fact have a prophet of God on the earth today that leads and guides us and if we heed his promptings we will be directed back to Heavenly Father and to live in happiness in His presence. I LOVED so many talks that I couldn't even begin to start, but I was so grateful that I was able to finish Elder Holland's talk right before I took a tour yesterday, because that was POWERFUL!
And, now, for the most exciting of all, Matt and Elyssa got baptized Sunday morning! Everything was absolutely perfect for the baptism. We got there early in the morning to fill the font and set up. The batism font in our building is in the cultural hall, and we knew that we were going to have a pretty big turn out for the baptism, so we chose to have the baptism in the chapel, which we were glad we did because there were a lot of people there to support them on their big day! Lakeview is absolutely incredible. The talks, musical numbers, and the baptism were all extremely spiritual and I was so grateful to be able to even be there much less to be a part of it! The last thing on the program was for Matt and Elyssa to bear their testimonies. They both bore powerful testimonies of the restoration and of the Book of Mormon, and of Jesus Christ. I was blown away. They are so amazing!!!!!
I love this gospel. It changes hearts and brings people unto Jesus Christ- it helps them know their Heavenly Father and understand that they are His children! I hope that we can all do what Elder Nelson encouraged us to do and catch the wave of the missionary spirit that has come along with the age change. We are so blessed to live in this time where the Lord is hastening His work- that means, though, that He is trusting us to use this time that He has given us well! I love being a missionary. I love this time that He has allowed me to have to serve Him and His children with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.
Love you so much!

Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment