Monday, July 15, 2013

Hello!


I can't believe how BEAUTIFUL everything was for the wedding! The pictures, the decorations, everything. Of course...I can believe it, because it's my mother, and my sister, and all of the wonderful people that I love so much who put it together. Even if you did put a picture of me on a popsicle stick...I still love you all so much!!!!

This week was great. I did fine on Thursday, probably because we were so busy that I didn't have time to think about it too much. Tender mercy of the Lord. Friday was a little harder actually, being in the temple. Before going back to the dressing room, I stopped in one of the gorgeous Winter Quarters temple sealing rooms with Sister Peterson and we just kind of sat there in the doorway for a second, thinking about how sacred the temple was and that my BEST FRIEND- my little sister- was just sealed by the power of the priesthood the day before. I am so grateful, like Dad said in his email, to have the priesthood in our lives and in our family. It was also so good to hear about how many family members came!!! We are so blessed. 
This week, I got to go on exchanges to Elkhorn with Sister Samuels (the Urry's cousin, and Sister Whittaker's companion!) and we had an amazing time! We found some really prepared people, and had some great lessons with their investigators. It is really fun to be able to go to other areas and have different companions for the day because you get to have a lot of different experiences that you never would in your area or with your companion. Plus, you always see miracles out the wazoo when you are on exchanges. Maybe because the Lord compensates for you not knowing where you're going, not knowing anyone you talk to, not even staying in your own house. Hm....sounds like my WHOLE mission actually. Sheesh. Have I told you lately that I love being a missionary????
We have also seen some miracles in our area lately. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but serving in a single's ward is HARD. Especially when the focus of the mission is working with members and we have, on average, about 12 members in church every Sunday. BUT, we are starting to see the members really get on board and get excited about missionary work! Tonight, we are in charge of Family Home Evening, and are having a missionary night...kind of like a district meeting with our ward. It should be a lot of fun, and will hopefully help them see that they are the ones that will make the most difference in this work, not us! That was the whole point of the missionary broadcast a few weeks ago...to help us see that we are just here to help facilitate the member's missionary work. It's kind of hard to wrap our minds around because we are in the mindset that we are the ones that are supposed to find, teach, and baptize, but now we will be the helpers! I love it!

Tonight, we are going to have a big dinner over at Dr. Fischer's house. I don't know if you remember me telling you that we serve at a free clinic every now and then with him? He isn't a member of the church, but is a really close friend to the Trail Center and we have all grown really close to him. He lives in Sister Whittaker's area, and she is teaching him, along with the elders in her area- Elder Wadsworth and Elder Bellows (from AZ). He bought ALL of the stuff to have Cafe Rio pork salads and brought it to me so I could cook because last time we ate over there I told him I wanted to cook this time. He's the best. We are going over to do service first- picking apples in an orchard- and then we will have dinner. Probably some musical numbers too because that's what we do here haha.
This upcoming Sunday is our first official concert, in Lincoln! Then, on pioneer day, we have a concert in the park in Florence, where the TC is. The Sunday after that is our concert in Council Bluffs. Things are about to get REAL crazy here. Wouldn't have it any other way. In fact, probably wouldn't know what to do with myself if it wasn't crazy!
Sister Seamons came here this week! She was with a group of seminary and institute teachers. It was a lot of fun to get to see her and she actually ended up in the tour I took. It was kind of a crazy tour because we had a ton of groups in the gallery at the same time and we only had about 20 minutes (it's usually about a 45 minute tour) to see everything, but it was a lot of fun to get to see her.

I love you all so much! I hope that this week is another great week, and that the reception in Utah goes as smoothly as the one in AZ did!
Love you to the moon and back!

Sister Farnsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment