Monday, July 1, 2013

A Big Week!

Well, this week was the big one! We had our first concert last night, a "dress rehearsal" of sorts because the real concerts don't start for another 3 weeks. We invited stake presidencies, bishoprics, and the senior couples in addition to President Weston and the temple president. We had a pretty good turnout, and I think that it went fairly smoothly for a first run without much practice other than last week! As we have planned for these concerts, we have prayed about each and every decision that we have made- which songs, who should sing, what the script should be- and it has been so neat in each and every instance to feel Heavenly Father lead us and guide us to the decisions that HE wanted us to make. That's why it was so much better than I could have ever done on my own, or even that we could have all done without Him. There are definitely things we want to change before the concert in Lincoln, but we are excited to get started!
I'm excited to meet the NZ boys on Tuesday- I will be here from 9-3 so hopefully they will come when they are supposed to! I unfortunately won't be serving at the TC when the Wanlass family comes in! I'm bummed, that would be neat.
Today, we went to a place called Fort Atkinson that was a real military fort WAYYY back when. It was really cool, and then we got to go see where Summer Quarters was- where Brigham Young lived, and Heber C. Kimball's land wasn't far from there! I love being here, where my heritage lived and worked and served. Even when it isn't about someone I am directly related to, I am so grateful because without them, we wouldn't have what we have...the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. In the concerts, we are showing the clip by Elder Holland called "Safety for the Soul." Will you all go on to lds.org and find that Mormon Message this week? Last night, as we watched it, it struck me again (for the billionth time) that this is Christ's church. This is His work. I LOVE IT.
Being in a singles ward is the funniest thing of all time. I'm a super awkward missionary, but in a "normal" setting for me....a singles ward is what I was used to before my mission. It's so weird. I really love it though, and we have found some great people this week- 2 from member referrals! Member missionary work! I hope you all got to watch the broadcast. I know Papa mentioned it in his last letter! I am so grateful that we have this opportunity to work, more than ever, with members and that we can really change how we do His work so we are doing it in His way.
I love you all so much.
You are the best family and friends anyone could ever ask for

LOVE YOU

Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment