Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello!!!


Wow. Kind of like Mom said in her email today...has another week really gone by? Is it REALLY time to bore you with my letters again? Sorry, guess you're stuck reading this! The week has been good. I think that every week I am surprised by how many things happen that I never expected to have happen on my mission. For instance....we were at Iowa Western and happened upon the dorm where all of the male athletes live. It felt like I was at work at BYU again. Made me laugh really hard. I also am just surprised all of the time about how much FUN I have. Sister Jones and I laugh. A lot.
 
This week was not super eventful...we had a really successful week full of huge miracles, but I can't say that any one thing was worthy of much time spent on it in a email....
 
Chris- our investigator who I get to sign to- is the BEST. When we were teaching him on Tuesday, we were talking about the Book of Mormon and he said that he feels like he is having a conversation with Heavenly Father when he reads it. At the end, when we talked about his baptism, he was like "Why are we waiting until the 31st? Why not the 24th??" Haha.....ok sure why not? He is awesome. I don't think he will be quite ready by the 24th because he needs to quit smoking, but I know that Heavenly Father will help him get where he needs to be.
 
I think that the Trail Center is starting to slow down just a little bit, but that is ok because the quilt show starts in just a few weeks, so we will get lots of people in for that too! I have been reflecting a lot on God's plan for each and every one of us lately...about how we have the life we have, the year we have, the day we have because God knew that would make us grow in the way that He wanted us to. I can't comprehend it, but I am grateful for it. I am especially grateful that He is giving me, day by day, the exact mission that I need to have.
 
I love you all so much. I know this is a super short email, but I am going to try and send some pictures, and knowing how fast the internet goes at the CB public library...I'm going to need some time for it.
 
LOVE YOU!
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment