Monday, August 5, 2013

Hey!


I have no idea how I am going to summarize this week in one email. Part of me just wants to say it was AWESOME and leave it at that. But then you would be really mad at me, and I try to avoid that as much as possible haha. SO I will start with Wednesday.
So all of the sisters that were called to the Trail Center are back from their full proselyting transfers, so Sister Brown and Sister Jarman (who I am really close with) are sister training leaders for this area now. Which means that every transfer they have to go on exchanges with all of the companionships they are over. Which MEANS that I got to spend half of the day with Sister Jarman and half of the day with Sister Brown. We saw so so so many incredible miracles. I have never had a day like that my whole mission. Just one person after another that we found and taught and less actives were home that we have never met, and I had so much fun, and I could go on forever and ever and ever. At the very end of the night, we found some guys grilling, and we even got to try Iowa corn!!! Just topped off the night, because we are CONSTANTLY walking by one corn field or another, and I still haven't tried any of it. Lame. It was so good! Also, I am going out for steak today (for Sister Whittaker's bday) for the first time on my mission. I'm in Omaha. Omaha Steaks anyone?!?
We also had a huge miracle in church on Sunday because people are starting to come back for school! We had over 30 people there. OVER THIRTY! I wanted to cry I was so happy. AND, investigator, who is deaf, came to church on Sunday too! Did I tell you that he is deaf! I love Chris so much. Even if he laughs at me alllll the time because apparently I'm super funny? I don't know, I don't get it. His mom is a member who lives out in Shenandoah and the Elders referred him to us. He has never been interested in church before but he is so ready now for a change in his life. The members were so good to him at church yesterday and I know that he felt really welcomed there! My signing is ROUGH because I haven't signed in basically a year, but it is getting better. He doesn't give me any slack though- he signs as fast or slow as he wants to.
I am so grateful lately, as I have taken tours at the Trail Center, to feel of God's love for people and see just a little piece of how He feels about them. I don't know if I've mentioned how busy it is in the summer, but I think you can probably imagine. Especially this last Saturday. We were SLAMMED. But each individual tour, I was able to just take a minute and LOVE them. Sheesh. I love being a missionary.
On Saturday, Elder and Sister Watson (the previous directors of the Trail Center) were here in Omaha to see the play that we have out here called "Come Home to Kanesville." He got permission from President to take all of the sisters who were here with him out to lunch, so Sisters Jasper, Vance, Jarman, Kirby, Brown, Whittaker, Holt, Anderson, and I went out with him and his wife. It was so much fun, but also really weird to think about how many sisters we have in the mission now, and that none of them were here 6 months ago. Bizarre. We now have more full proselyting companionships than Trail Center companionships, and just a few months ago, we didn't have any full proselyting companionships. The Lord really is hastening His work. I am so grateful to be just this small part of it, and that He has trusted me to take care of this beautiful part of the vineyard in Council Bluffs, IOWA. I am so blessed.

I love you all so much. I'm going to echo Syster Blomquist's emails, and tell you to GO TO THE TEMPLE. It really is the Lord's house, and we need to make time to go there often and feel of His love for us and for all of His children.

I love you to the moon and back!
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment