Monday, August 19, 2013

Hello!


Welllll......I'm honestly drawing a blank here folks. My week has been one awesome learning experience after another, but it's not anything that honestly would be very exciting to any of you. And we've all read boring missionary letters before. Let's be honest. You don't want that. I'll see what I can do.
 
I guess my main excitement is just all about CHRIS. He is so incredible. He came to church for the third time yesterday...making him eligible to be baptized! He has completely quit smoking too. How amazing is that!?!? I think about the habits that I have in my life (not that it's exactly the same as smoking) and think about how hard it would be to completely stop those habits because someone told me to. I know that it has to be because he has a testimony of the Restoration, because otherwise, it really wouldn't be worth it. We gave him a copy of the Restoration DVD, and when we asked him yesterday if he had seen it, he said he watches it a lot. BEST investigator ever. Ok. I could never ever say that because it wouldn't be fair to all of the other people that I love so dearly in Nebraskie and IoWAY. But really, he has such pure intent. We asked him yesterday (mind you, this is pretty much all in sign language) if he knew Joseph Smith was a prophet. He said yes. So we asked him how he knew that was true. He said, after thinking only about 2 seconds, Well, I read the Book of Mormon every day. That's true. So he has to be a prophet. AH. I walked out of there with Sister Jones and our teamup and just freaked out! I kept saying "I'm never going home." Ashley- the member that was with us- just laughed at me because she's been back from her mission for about 2 years and understands the feeling. There is NOTHING like this work.
 
I think it is important for us to understand that there are different ways to access the Atonement and that we all have to do it in different ways depending on the stituation we are in. Sometimes it will be just praying and asking. Sometimes repenting, fasting, getting a priesthood blessing, taking the Sacrament, and whatever other ways that Heavenly Father prompts us to use His Son's sacrifice for us. I'm learning that every day. Each and every person, each and every situation, really requires us to ask our loving Father in Heaven how He would have us heal or change or grow. And then, we have to go about it- ACT- in the way that He tells us to do it. There is no generic answer because we are all made individually by Him. He knows what we need. It's like it says in 2 Nephi 31:3. He will always speak to us according to our language and our understanding because He knows it perfectly as our Creator. I wish I could take you all to the wagon wheel with the odometer in the Trail Center right now so I could explain how the pioneers really understood this concept. Ok, I'm rambling.
 
I love serving the Lord. I am so grateful that He puts specific people in our paths so that we can learn from them, be supported by them, and grow as we serve them. He truly is our Light, and if we can rely on Him and His Atonement more fully, we will be able to have peace in this life and the life to come.
 
Sorry I'm kind of boring this week. Last week felt like FALL. It was gorgeous here. This week we're going to get back up to about 93 with humidity on humidity. Oh well. Like Mom said in her email, its no 113.
 
Love you all!
 
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment