Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hello!!!


Well, thanks for writing me letters even after you skyped me yesterday! Hope you didn't have to stretch TOO far to come up with something to say to me...haha, I know mom sure didn't! Sounds like everything at home is going really well! I'm SO excited for Tiana!! This has been the craziest year for the 4 of us, with Mat getting married in December, me on a mission, Marisa graduating and having all of these HUGE opportunities open up, and Tiana getting married this week. Look how far we've come haha.
This week was a really good week- we have been SO busy with Florence days (the Parade) and with the baptism! I know I told you yesterday, but Hung's baptism was amazing. The Spirit was so strong, and she was so prepared. She was so so so so so so sooooo nervous beforehand, but right before she walked into the water I just gave her a huge hug and she started grinning and walked in. She was confirmed yesterday in church, and is now ready for a life of serving Him to the end like it says in Moroni 6. She wants to learn the scripture "stories" in addition to learning the Book of Mormon. Does anyone have any good books or study guides for that? She even mentioned children's books. She reads her scriptures- really studies them- but she said she wants to be able to reference stories like a speaker referenced the stripling warriors in church yesterday!
I told you something wrong in the game. I thought we were singing at the Jays game but its really the Omaha Storm Chasers. But still. I get to go to a baseball game and sing the national anthem on my mission. The week after I walked in a parade. This is the best mission in the world. THE WORLD.
I am so excited to go the temple this week for the first time since January. It is so hard to see it every single day and not be able to go! So close, but so far. Sometimes I just sit at night and think about the temple- walk through it in my mind- because I want to be near to the temple and to the covenants I have made there so I can help others make those same covenants. That's really what our purpose is- help people come unto Christ, and the only way that they can do that is by making covenants with our Heavenly Father at baptism and in the temple as individuals and as families. We have a meeting this week with someone from Salt Lake, so all of the sisters called to the Trail Center will be here..even if they are in Holdredge, NE, meaning I get to see my friends!!!!
I love you!!
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment