Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hey Familia!

Well, it sounds like Tiana's wedding was AMAZING and I was so grateful to get all of those pictures, and even an email from Mattie about it! It is so exciting to hear about the amazing things that my awesome friends and family are doing.
Last week, like I said, Jason Mitchell from Salt Lake came to do some trainings on Thursday and Friday. They brought all of the full proselyting sisters in that were originally called to the Trail Center, so I got to see Sis Anderson, Jarman, Brown, and Gaede, which was a BLAST. It felt like it had been forever since I'd seen them even though it had only been 2 weeks. The training was awesome and really helped us to examine how we give tours and try to be better. I love that, in the mission, we are always trying to learn and grow and improve so we can be closer to the Spirit and do what He would want us to do.
I am now serving in the Benson area with Sister Jensen and Sister Pettyjohn. I LOVE it and it has been a great week being with them.
Yesterday, Sister Pettyjohn and I took a tour- a couple and their parents. The parents lived in Victorville, CA where sis pettyjohn is from and the "kids" lived in Maui. They were all Tongan and it was approximately the best hour and a half of my week. We laughed, and cried, and promised we would come see them in CA and HI after our missions. They even got our email addresses so they could stay in touch. I just don't understand how you can be instant friends with someone, even feel like you're family, but that is how I feel about all of the people that I have met, whether they be missionaries I serve with, people I take on tour, or people in the areas I've served in. I feel so blessed.
We have Zone Conference tomorrow, the baseball game tonight, and temple trip/exchanges with Sister Whittaker on Friday. This is going to be the BEST WEEK EVER.
I forgot to tell you...When Jason Mitchell came, he brought with him a new exhibit for the Trail Center. It is a first edition 1830 copy of the Book of Mormon from the first printing. We all got to hold it. It was SO COOL, and it will be here until it goes to the new Aaronic priesthood site that they are working on.

Well, love you all to the moon and back!

Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment