Monday, September 2, 2013

HI!!


First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the best birthday ever. Daddy told me that he was sure that this would be one of the best birthdays in my life, and it was. I woke up after a good night's rest...best birthday present of all time....and my cute best friends surprised me by taking me out to Harold's for breakfast (Harold's is a diner just down the street from the TC that we all love). Then, we went to serve at the TC, and I took THE most incredible woman on tour. I just loved her from the first instant of the tour. AH. I learned so much from her. So much faith. Then, I sat back in first chair (right in front of the door) and we had a pizza delivery that Mom had ordered. SO sweet. And the elders who just happened to be there when it came were grateful too haha. THEN, Sister Ellsworth walked in with homemade oreos that Mom asked her to make for me. Does this day not sound like the best?
I got so many sweet notes and cards and a package from the girls, and then Elder Scott, the vehicle coordinator, called and told me that I get to keep the sweet truck that I have been driving for another week. SO cool, especially because I was only supposed to have it for 2 days. Best. Surprise. Ever. It's really funny because I am the only sister in the mission authorized to drive a truck.
So....in other news. My week wasn't just all about my birthday, I promise. We had some GREAT things happen this week. Elder Robbins from the Quorum of the Seventy came and we had our Zone Conference with him on Thursday. I can't even begin to tell you how much I learned from him. I think the number one thing that I have been reflecting on, though, is what he taught us about planning. He was one of the founders of Franklin day planners....not sure if he is THE founder, because he didn't talk about that, but still. Good person to learn about planning from. SO anyways. Sorry, I'm getting off on tangents today. He was talking to us about how God is a planner. He planned the world, then created it. He made the Plan of Salvation which is the plan for us to return to live with Him. So when we plan effectively, we are becoming more like God. He wanted us to have 3 steps when we plan. Ready to learn them?
The first is the one that we think of the most often: our goal. For example, a goal could be to lose weight. In order to accomplish that goal, we have to have the second step, which is a plan. So, we need to work out, eat healthy, drink water etc. But the MOST important step by far is to have a vision. The vision is the "WHY." So, in this case, to be healthy, to feel good about yourself, to develop the Christlike attribute of self-mastery etc.
So, this week, will you all use this to make a goal for yourselves? As you pray to know what Heavenly Father would have you work on, I can promise you that you will have a clear understanding of what it is that He would have you do. I love my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful that He has allowed me to learn from Him on a daily basis. I know that He loves His children, and I am so grateful to be able to serve Him.
LOVE YOU ALL
Sister Farnsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment